The department of Urdu was established in the year 1979.
Aim and Objectives:
• To develop communication skills and national integration among the Students. To understand the literature and history of Urdu.
• To develop writing skills of Prose and poetry
• To develop the national integration among the students
• To prepare them for competitive examinations
• To develop interest about higher education and research
• Organizing Seminars
• Presenting course content through P.P.T Circulating notes, extracts etc
• Organizing special lectures
• The faculty member is updating his knowledge by attending Orientation, Refresher courses, Workshops and Seminars. Faculty member provides the healthy environment for conducting class, Seminars, which develops stage courage.
A bachelor’s degree in Urdu develops the students into skilled, knowledgeable and ethical interpreters of texts in Urdu literary tradition and it offers to the students an opportunity to nurture their ability to produce literary texts.
It develops interpreting human experience through literary representation in doing and they develop reading, writing and analytic skills. They learn how to formulate their own ideas critically, creatively and persuasively. They learn to raise significant questions and gather relevant evidence, reach well-reasoned conclusions.
Students also develop an ethical orientation to living as their study of literature encourages them to value human actions, motivations, and differences.
Literature develops critical interpretation through reading and writing. The flexible curriculum provides students the opportunity and responsibility to shape their major based on individual interests and objectives.
1.Equip students with knowledge of Urdu:
• Students will be able to both in speaking and writing in a variety of contexts and genres.
• Demonstrate a thorough command of Urdu and its linguistic structures.
• Recognize and comprehend different varieties of Urdu.
• Students will be able to analyze oral and written discourse of various genres with regard to social, cultural, and historical contexts.
• They produce and edit high quality, technical oral and written Urdu communication and translation from Urdu into English and vice- versa.
This degree gives students access the range of Urdu studies, alongside the traditional range of Urdu literature from the period to period and the present day.
Urdu Literature: Students are able to study literatures as well as cultural theory, creative writing and film.
Both literature and writing course help students explore how writing use the creative resources of language in fiction, poetry, non-fiction prose and drama to explore the entire range of human experience.
Literature provides imaginative and critical insights into all areas of human experience, war and peace, nature and culture, love and sexuality, selfhood and social identity, justice and atrocity, and the dreams of the future.
Urdu course help students build skills of analytical and interpretive argument, became careful and critical readers, practice writing in a variety of genres as a process of intellectual inquiry and creative expression.
||Shri. Mushtaque A Byakod